Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day five, Sept. 7, 2008







For me, Kansas had a few surprises. Large windmill generators. Oil wells, some of them actually pumping oil. The smell of grass blood, newly mown hay, and the pungent fragrance of cows, lots of cows. 50 miles West of Kansas City, the skies opened up, thunder & lightning, heavy rain, maybe a trace of hail mixed in. I got soaked. My waterproof coat - wasn't. My raingear was impossible to get on without removing my boots, but the jacket helped some. It took a while to find an exit to wait out the worst of it. I soldiered on to Platte City, Mo. The next day, I looked up the nearest Harley dealer, and bought better raingear. I am in Platte City two days early for the rally. I will fine some fine KC BBQ baby back ribs. The rain is susposed to let up. Hurricane Ike is on the way.

No comments: