Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day 9, Sept. 11, 2008 Thursday
















Good tour of the Harley factory. Extensive use of robotics to do the welding, much like the automotive manufacturing. The lightweight rims for the new V-Rod Muscle are made in China. Sign of the times, I guess. It is hard to even find an American flag that's made in the USA. We had a good lunch, and got to talk to several of the V-Rod factory engineers. I had several questions that I finally got straight answers. This was impossible to do thru customer service. It doesn't look like there will ever be email access in the near future. This seems like a mistake to me, just my opinion. The flags were at half mast out of rememberance of September 11. We were susposed to have the rest of the day at the Kansas City race track - then the rains started, and race day was canceled.

No comments: