Thursday, September 25, 2008

"The lonliest road"

Posted by Picasa
This is Hwy 50, on the way to Ely, Nev. I did not know before I started this road trip, that there would be many such roads in the several states I traveled through. I put new tires on the V-Rod before I started, and although I never had tire trouble, I did wear a substantial flat spot across the center of the tire before I got back home. I live in the old '49er gold rush area of the Sierra Nevada's, where the roads are twisty. I'm more used to getting wear over a broader area of the tire. In Nevada, you can cruise sometimes for many miles without seeing another vehicle. This is a good place to carry extra gas, and a few candy bars, and a couple bottles of water. If you have trouble out here, cell phone service is spotty. Gas is non-existent. So is water. The buzzards are ever vigilant.

No comments: