Wednesday, August 22, 2018

It's late, and I'm tired. Getting old ain't fer sissies, I've been told. I am becoming a believer. Still, it beats the alternative. At this point, I get introspective on my core beliefs. I have always thought we are all spiritual beings, having a human experience; that death is part of life, and we move on after we die. Death is not something to look forward to; neither is it to be feared. Life is a learning curve. We make mistakes, learn, do better. I did not expect to live this long, so I must still have more to learn. I believe in God. I pray. If He grades on the curve, I will not be doomed to Damnation, as I feared on reaching puberty. Are we born with both good and evil? Does love help the good to win out? Love can hurt more than bullets. Making other people happy is just part of love; making yourself lovable is important, loving yourself for who you are, or who you become is perhaps the hardest challenge of all. Every day is a gift. Be kind to the cat, and the people in your life.

No comments: