Saturday, August 30, 2008

The long journey.

I am looking forward to this trip more than anything I've done in a long time. How do you live your dreams? You need a dream, you know, to keep you going. Life, to be lived fully, requires a passion. It is the fuel that keeps the fire burning, especially after you retire. Mine is riding motorcycles. I share it with hoards of other people, so there is nothing too remarkable about that. But, at age 69, I plan to leave on a 4800 mile cross country trip, by myself, on a motorcycle designed for much shorter trips, and much younger people. It is a 2005 Harley V-Rod, and I'm leaving next week. I would have done this sooner, but life got in the way. Last year, it was my 50 High School class reunion. Now, I'm pretty new at this blogging business, and I never did type fast, but I'm gonna quit now, and try to import a picture or two.

No comments: